Student of the Month: January

Jestinus+Jackson+was+happened+his+Student+of+the+Month+award+outside+of+Mrs.+Newton%E2%80%99s+class+room.+
Jestinus Jackson was happened his Student of the Month award outside of Mrs. Newton’s class room.

Kariah White

Kariah White

Kariah White, Staff Editors

The student of the month for January is 9th grader Jestinus Jackson. Jestinus was asked “in your opinion what is hard work?” He responded with “hard work is an objective given to an individual like myself, that allows me to strive for the greatness within my academic ability; regardless of any roadblocks in my path of life”. Jestinus was nominated by the art teacher Mrs. Laserna. Mrs. Laserna says she has only know Jestinus for a few days, and although she doesn’t have him in a regular class but she has him in study hall. She said “impressed me with his manners and drive. He begins each class with a “hello” and ends with a “have a nice day!”He is doing work the entire study hall”. Jestinus is involved in many school clubs and activities such as March band, Academic team, James Farmer program, Saxophone Quartet, Knight Life, Pep Band, and Freshman Council. He says is trying to create a more structure foundation for his academics.  He plans on attending a 4 year university to major in music education and counseling. After completing his education he wants to become a music teacher, or a professional musician. Than further into a Minister or Missionary. Jestinus was asked “Why do you think you were chosen for student of the month?” He answered “Because of my engaging tenacity in learning and meeting new people.”