Lake Anna State Park

Lake Anna State Park, located in Spotsylvania, Virginia, is a fun state park that features many activities

Lauren Keesecker, Writer, Print

In a small county like Spotsylvania, it can be hard to find interesting things to do in your free time. There are many historic sites that you can visit, but those are a one time thing. One attraction in Spotsylvania that you can go to over and over again is Lake Anna State Park.There are cabins, trails, a playground, and so much more.

Lake Anna is one of the states most popular lake, so it only makes sense to make a state park. Many people visit this site a year, especially during the summer. It is open from dawn to dusk, but it is possible to stay overnight in one of the cabins. Boaters are able to access the boat ramp as early as 5:30 am, and there is a mini fishing pond for kids who are interested. There are 15 miles of trails which make room for biking, horseback riding, and hiking.

Lake Anna State Park has very good reviews with many people complimenting the view and activities there. Overall, it has been rated 4 stars. It is a great place for a family vacation, but it can also be just as relaxing on a day trip.