Chasing after the perfect job

LeAnn Scrogham, Writer

Getting your first job is a big step in a person’s life. Your first job leads to your next, and before you know it you have a career. For the local teens who are now old enough to get a job and want one, there are a few things you have to do first. First things first, if you are fourteen or fifteen years old you must have a employment certificate ( work permit ) in the state of Virginia. If you are sixteen or older you can work without a permit. Next, if you do have some work experience then it would be a great idea to write a resume. Your resume should include all work experience, volunteer hours, education, workplace skills and more details about you. If you don’t have any work experience and are trying to get your first job then you should still make a resume. Just make sure you try to include all the skills that would make you a good employee and impressive worker.

If you have everything you need to start looking for a job then it’s time to start looking. Some jobs around the area don’t hire teens, but others are more than happy to bring them aboard. Some places that are now hiring are business like Wendy’s, Arby’s, Buffalo wild wings and more. A Lot of jobs that include the cashier or restaurant type are very willing to hire hardworking teens who are serious about their job.

So if you’re a teen looking for their first job or someone looking for a new job, you should just remember that you should always have the best attitude and the best outlook on the future to come. With some hard work and confidence you should have no problem getting the job you are chasing after.