• November 21Thanksgiving Break!!!!!

Selena Gomez

Halee Lane, staff writer

We all know and love Selena Gomez but do you know everything? Selena Marie Gomez is twenty five years old, she was born July 22,1992 in Grand Prairie, Texas. She was named after the American singer, songwriter Selena Quintanilla-Pérez who died in 1995. Gomez’s  parents divorced when she was just five years old. Her mom’s name is Mandy Teefey; she is a producer and a manager, but is mainly known for the popular Netflix show “13 Reasons Why”. Her father is Ricardo Joel Gomez, not much is in the media about Selena’s Dad yet but we do know they are very close. Selena was discovered in 2004 and then went on to star in the 1992-2009 hit show “Barney And Friends” when she was 7 years old. After “Barney And Friends” stopped airing Selena was best known for her role as Alex Russo in the popular Disney show “Wizards Of Waverly Place”. “Wizards Of Waverly Place” aired from 2007-2012. In 2009 Selena formed a pop band called “Selena Gomez And The Scene”. They released three gold certified albums. They also made double platinum on there album “Love You Like A Love Song”. Selena has been in a lot of movies such as “Monte Carlo” ,“Spring Breakers”,“Ramona And Beezus” and more. Some of her fame started when she and Justin Bieber started talking back in 2009. They made it official in 2011, though before that, they never confirmed it but everyone knew it was going to be a thing. They were seen everywhere together from the MTV VMAs to the Vanity fair. Justin and Selena were always off and on but the first time they split was in April 2012. The Summer of 2017 Selena underwent a kidney transplant. Her best friend Francia Raisa was her thoughtful donor. Gomez is the most followed on Instagram with an enormous amount of 128 million followers. She has over 1,131 photos on her Instagram. Selena’s inspiration as a music artist are Bruno Mars, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Skrillex, and one of her good friends Taylor swift. But did you know her net worth is 18 million!