Yanny or Laurel?

Over the past two weeks, people of all ages have been debating on rather this video says

Over the past two weeks, people of all ages have been debating on rather this video says "yanny" or "laurel". This trend has swept through America, and it has even gone overseas to Europe. Photo Courtesy: Science Alert

Over the past week a new internet trend has surfaced and social media users have a lot to say about it. Friends are arguing over this and saying that if you hear something different than them you can’t hear. This, of course, is the yanny or laurel video clip.

If you don’t know what this is, basically a video clip is shown and you can hear a guy speaking. Some people hear yanny and some people hear laurel. It’s pretty much the blue and black/ white and gold dress trend all over again. Personally, I hear laurel, but I know many people who hear yanny. This trend has stirred up a lot of opinions. People who believe it says yanny, cannot understand how people hear laurel, and people who hear laurel cannot understand how people hear yanny.

Just like the dress trend, this controversial yanny and laurel trend will burn out quick. This will be a relief to the people who are seeing ONLY this video when going on Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and Facebook, or the people who just don’t care what the video says. What do you hear?