• November 21Thanksgiving Break!!!!!

Music Review: Marilyn Manson

Celina Russell, Writer

Marilyn Manson’s new album Heaven Upside Down was some of his best music by far that I’ve heard by him. The songs on this album are “Tattooed In Reverse,” “We Know Where You Live,” “SAY10,” “KILL4ME,” “Saturnalia,” “Je$u$ Cri$i$,” “Blood Honey,” “Heaven Upside Down,” and “Threats Of Romance.”

Brian Hugh Warner, professionally known as Marilyn Manson is an alternative/ Punk Rock singer-songwriter, and as born on January 5, 1969 in Canton, Ohio. Manson has been publishing music since 1989 and has worked with a number of artists/ bands such as Nine Inch Nails, Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Ramstein, Eminem, and Slipknot.

Manson’s music has always had a sort of gothic style to it and makes you feel your deepest, darkest feelings. Though he sings about murder and other explicit stuff I feel that we can all relate to his powerful Punk Rock music. Not much has changed about his music except for the experiences he’s been through along the way.

While Manson’s style in music hasn’t really changed in this album he talks about the corruption of this society. For people that like alternative/Punk Rock I highly recommend this album, and others like it. All the songs are really catchy and have a real meaning to each of them.