Music Review: Sam Smith

This is Sam Smith's album picture for The Thrill Of It All, in the picture he is looking of in the distance.

Ayarri Minor, Writer

Samuel Frederick Smith “Sam Smith”  is an English singer and songwriter. Sam’s fame started October 2012 when he featured his single “Latch.”

Sam came out with his single  “Too Good at Goodbyes” off his album The Thrill Of It All on September 8, 2017. It got a lot of positive feedback. The meaning of the song is strong. In the song Sam is basically saying he is tired of getting played in love and being used. The name of the song is called “Too Good At Goodbyes” implying he can just say goodbye without hesitation.

The album The Thrill Of It All was released

November 3, 2017. The album’s picture is of Sam looking of in the distance in black and white. There are 14 songs on the album, “Too Good At Goodbyes,” “Say It First,” “One Last Song,” “Midnight Train,” “Burning,” “HIM,” “Baby, You Make Me Crazy,” “No Peace,” “Palace,” “Pray,” “Nothing Left For You,” “The Thrill Of It All,” “Scars,” and “One Day At A Time.”

This album was about what components made the Thrill Of It All for Sam. Most of the songs in the album are about leaving and not caring anymore, and how love makes him crazy. Crazy in a good way and a bad way. In conclusion, this album is one of his best, plus it is breathtaking .