• November 21Thanksgiving Break!!!!!

Halloween Movie Review

Lauren Keesecker, Writer

If you haven’t been living under a rock for the past forever, you probably have noticed there are plenty of Halloween specials to watch throughout October. Most of these specials are on towards the end of October because the official date of Halloween is October 31st. Some of these specials are boring and untraditional, but most are fun and entertaining to watch with your whole family. In this article, I will be reviewing five of the season’s best movies you’ll definitely want to tune in to.

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!”

This movie is such a classic. Many families watch “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” every year. This special is about Linus, who is part of the PEANUT gang, who is convinced that a Pumpkin will fly overhead the pumpkin patch on Halloween night. Linus misses out on trick or treating to wait for the Great Pumpkin. This tv special also consists of  Halloween festivities and much more. Usually after watching a show or movie once or twice, you get tired of it because you’re already familiar with the plot line, but this movie never fails to make others laugh.

“Hocus Pocus”

If you’re into good Halloween movies, you’ve probably seen “Hocus Pocus.” It isn’t exactly the scariest movie you’ll see, but it’s extremely entertaining, and before you know it, the movie will be over. This movie consists of three witches that have accidently been summoned back into the world. Previously, these girls were put to death because of their witchcraft.  In order to be immortal, they have to take the life of a child. As you can imagine, this movie is pure chaos. To make things even more stressful, the only people trying to stop them are three children. This movie could without a doubt be placed in the thriller section because of how on edge you’ll be while watching it. If you haven’t seen this movie, I suggest you dedicate some time this fall to watch it because you won’t regret it.

“Beetlejuice”

This movie is probably one of the oddest movies out there, but that doesn’t mean it’s not good! In fact, this movie is quite interesting and mind boggling. Two ghosts, Barbara and Adam Maitland, are living in a home, and are perfectly content until another family moves in and disturbs their way of living. Since neither Barbara nor Adam can seem to scare the family, the hire a bio-exorcist, Beetlejuice, to do the job for them.

“Halloweentown”

Halloweentown is a Disney classic that was released in 1998 and ever since has been receiving positive feedback from watchers. In this Halloween movie, three siblings who don’t celebrate Halloween are given the chance to go with their Halloween obsessed grandmother. Of course, they’re curious and eager to find out about this mystery holiday, so they go with her. They end up having the time of their lives, and even find out a secret about their grandmother that’s out of the ordinary.

“Nightmare on Elm Street”

This movie isn’t a Halloween “special”, but many people watch it during this time. A small town is facing a tragedy. There’s a serial killer in town, but there’s something unusual about this guy- He kills his victims in their dreams. Crazy right? The survivors try to put a stop to this crazy murderer. Meanwhile, the killer is still taking people’s lives.

If you enjoy scary movies, these movies are for you. They are each unique in their own way, and you definitely won’t regret watching them. With Halloween right around the corner, now wouldn’t be a bad time to start watching them!