A Knight Under the Stars: Prom

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Knight Under the Stars: Prom

From left to right the prom nominees include Reece Recabo, Jody Smith, Blake Boggs, Alexis Colonna, Malaki Terrell, Britney Napier

Anthony Bramalett

Anthony Bramalett

Anthony Bramalett

Jashawn Banks, Writer/editor

Prom is a semi-formal dance or gathering of high school students. It is also the one night where many seniors and juniors get together and show off their best formal outfits, and take multiple pictures.

This year, Spotsylvania’s A Knight Under the Stars prom was held at Stevenson Ridge on April 28, 2018. Unlike most previous proms held at spotsy, the knights had a humongous turn out when the ticket sales were counted, which were only sold from the 16th through the 26th.

This also included the ticket sales for after prom. After prom is a social event held for the students who went to prom and would like to continue the fun, with their environment provided by the school. This year after prom was held at Sky Zone, which lasted from 11:00 p.m.- 4:00 a.m. Both prom and after prom tickets in total were $40; $30 for the prom and $10 for after prom.

Furthermore, It was the big day and many students were excited. On Saturday  morning the junior class council; group that helped set up prom, met at Stevenson Ridge at 10:00 a.m. to set up. After everything was in a perfect state, it was time to get ready for the big night. At 7:00 p.m. the line to enter the prom was at its peak, leading from the inside of the building all the way through the door. When students were eligible to get in, most students called it a sight to see.

According to Deqona Banks, a Spotsy High senior, “prom was the place to be.” The lights were shining bright, food was being served, drinks were available, and music was loud and booming. While many wanted to sit, eat, and conversate, many couldn’t help but move their feet. .At 10:00 p.m, it was finally time to announce prom king and queen. These nominations were selected after every student who had attended prom took their star, and placed it in the person’s jar who they wanted to win. The nominees included Malaki Terrell, Blake Boggs, Reece Recabo, Jody Smith, Alexis Colonna, and Britney Napier. The Winner of this years 2018’s prom was Alexis Colonna and Malaki Terrell, but unlike your normal high school movie prom, no slow dance was shared between the two. After the crowning the party was back on for another hour until the clock hit 11:00 p.m. and like homecoming of 2017, the ending song was Don’t Stop Believing by Journey.

In conclusion prom was a big success, giving the seniors their best last school dance they will ever have. As we said goodnight to prom while kicking off the heels, taking off the ties and tuxedos, and the long and not hard to trip on dresses, the seniors also said goodbye to their high school years as after prom there is only a couple of weeks before they call their high school careers history.