Spotsy Fest is a Hit!

LeAnn Scrogham, Writer

It’s that time of year again, the crisp fall weather, that smell of halloween in the air and of course the annual Spotsy Fest. Whether it’s trick or treating from classroom to classroom, entering the costume contest, or getting scared in the haunted classroom there is plenty to do at Spotsylvania High School’s Halloween celebration.

On Saturday, October 28th, people from all over the county came to Spotsy High school to join in on the fun.  There were kids in astounding costumes as far as the eye could see, just waiting anxiously for candy. Of course, trick-or-treating is one of the most exciting things to do at Spotsy Fest, but there is a whole lot more.

The JROTC’s haunted classroom had a line that never seemed to get any shorter and frightened people of all ages running from the fear inside. There was also detailed cookie decorating  for all the children to enjoy, just in case that classroom was a little too much for you. And you can’t have Spotsy Fest if you don’t have a costume contest for kids from ages zero to age twelve, and they all looked magnificent up on the stage.

Spotsy Fest is meant to be a celebration for Halloween and you can’t celebrate Halloween without costumes, candy, and cheerfulness. So if you missed all the Halloween madness this year don’t worry, all of us here at Spotsy will be happy to repeat it next year.