Student of the Month – December

Sophomore+Duncan+Bowles+receiving+his+award+in+the+hallway+on+January+30th+2018.+

Sophomore Duncan Bowles receiving his award in the hallway on January 30th 2018.

Natalie Swink, Writer

The student of the month for December 2017 is 10th grader Duncan Bowles. When asked how he would define in his own word hard work, he responded with “Hard work is putting effort into things and having a good time.” Duncan said that his favorite subject in school is history. “I don’t have a favorite history class, I just find the whole subject interesting.” He also enjoys playing instruments in his free time, and drawing. “My mother was an artist and she introduced it to me at a young age,” Duncan said. He likes the fact that you can create what you are imagining, and as a unique way of expressing yourself and your feelings.

“Smart and creative” are the words Duncan would use to describe himself.  These words are fitting, according to the teacher who nominated him, stating “He’s quick to offer feedback in a positive manner, and he always has a smile.”  The teacher also added that “he is super supportive to his fellow classmates.” Duncan’s plans post-high school are attending Germanna Community college or University Of Mary Washington to study the arts.